Sunday, March 30, 2008

Technology is great when it works ...

Technology is great when it works but it is sure frustrating when things don't go well. For the past couple of days I have been finishing up my latest video on networking (click here to see the video). Well, the video is only a portion of what I had intended. I had two other sections, one dealing with Moodle and one involving Second Life. For some reason the program that I am using to produce the video did not like those segments and I was losing the video during the rendering process. In addition to the rendering problem, Camtasia was only letting me record one voice take at a time so if I messed up the audio (which happened frequently) I had to exit the program and restart the program. I don't know if this is a conflict with Camtasia or my headset, or both. On the positive side it seems that short videos are viewed twice as often as long videos so hopefully that will mean that more people will watch this video and discover the power of networking. That's all for now. Have a good day.

Mathman33

1 comment:

LG said...

Yep...I think it is the not working that frustrates that reluctant folks. Your videos are great and this is a great idea. Please keep them coming.