Thursday, December 3, 2009

Farewell to a friend

If you are one of the few people who read this, let me take a moment to apologize. I am writing this post simply because I could not find another outlet to express how I felt without becoming a complete mess.

To "G":

Thanks for who you were. You were a colleague, a contractor, a mentor, but most importantly I am proud to have called you a friend. You taught me a lot about leadership and I hope to be able to make you proud as I progress down the road of my career. I hope that when I am done I will have made an impact on half as many students as you did in your career.

I am truly sorry for not paying a visit to you in the last few months. I could not imagine a world without you in it and there was not a time where I thought that you would not defeat the cancer. I believed that you would be there in the fall as our football team played Weyburn in an exhibition game where we would finally get the chance to bring our marching band on the field and show Weyburn how it was supposed to be done.

Finally, I hope that you are in a better place. All of your friends that you left here will do our best to look after your family. I know they will be okay since you will also be looking down on them and taking care of them in your own special way. I will miss you.

Ciao

"Woody"

1 comment:

LG said...

Walter,

Sorry to hear you lost such a dear friend.